Search Open for Executive Director (Closed)
Search is now closed.
Hickory, NC nonprofit AIDS Service Organization is seeking a knowledgeable leader committed to a spirit of excellence, compassion for others, ability to educate, and work with our Board of Directors to continue fulfilling our mission and strategic plan across our 9 county catchment area of Western NC.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred, in human relations, public relations, social work, human services, public health, public administration, or related field. Nonprofit leadership and management experience desired.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Fundraising and community events.
- Marketing and Development.
- Administering/managing nonprofit finances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (public speaking, written communications, advocacy).
- A history of successful grant writing.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Fund development and donor cultivation.
- Grant writing.
- Supervision of staff of 5 to 10.
- Advocacy in the community of the agency’s mission.
- Implementation of a successful marketing plan.
- Fiscal management of the agency.
- Public relations via all communication methods.
- Board relations.
- Facilities management.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and 3 references to:
Leslie W. Cothren
ALFA Search Committee Chair
1814 Wesley Rd, Morganton, NC 28655
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org