The Foothills Area Harm Reduction Mission (the Farm)
"Harm reduction is a set of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing negative consequences associated with drug use. Harm Reduction is also a movement for social justice built on a belief in, and respect for, the rights of people who use drugs." (National Harm Reduction Coalition)
The Farm provides a variety of Harm Reduction services to the community to promote safer drug use, prevent HIV and Hep C infections and reduce overdose deaths. Syringe Access Services are evidence based and legal in the state of North Carolina. The Farm is registered with the NC Safer Syringe Initiative, and is supported by the NC Department of Injury and Violence Prevention.
- Sterile syringes and other injection supplies
- Naloxone kits (for overdose reversal)
- HIV, Hep C and STI testing
- Safe disposal
- Education for safer drug use
- Condoms and other safer sex supplies
- Referrals to community resources
- Linkage to low or no cost Hep C treatment from non judgemental providers
- Assistance in enrolling in the ACA Marketplace/Obamacare
- Community education re overdose prevention
How to get services?
Just come on in to the Farm located at Steve's Place or Burke Mission Station. Our friendly staff will ask you a few questions and register you for Farm services. We will not ask your name, address or any identifying information. This information helps us determine community needs and get funding to run the program.
You can also call us or send a message from our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thefarmnc.org
Looking for other services for people who use drugs?
Another great resource is the NC Drug User Health Resource Guide
211 NC 127 SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Monday - Friday, 9 - 4:30
ONLINE / Mail Order
Burke Mission Station
205-B West Union Street
Morganton, NC 2865
Monday, Thursday, Friday 9-1